Africa as a continent it’s wide and has several destinations to visit for adventure but among these destinations there are those top ten which are most wanted by travelers for Africa Tours.
As am continuing if you are planning a travel trip to Africa this is your bucket list composed of destinations you should put as your first choice because of their Unique and interesting attractions and sceneries to discover and experience.
Where you must go in Africa? This is the bucket list of the top ten must visit destinations in Africa where travelers explore and discover the secrecy of this continent.
This destination is located in the Eastern part of Africa with over ten National Parks to Visit for different interesting attractions and below are some of the places to go on tours in Uganda the pearl of Africa.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is renowned for the shy endangered Mountain Gorillas and if you are to visit these apes you have to buy a permit which issues permission – each permit costs $600 USD per person in the peak season.
When you are to go for gorilla trekking always you are first briefed about the Dos and Don’ts while in the presence of these apes and after head to the jungle with the park rangers.
Some of the Don’ts include: You are always advised to maintain you voice at low tone while in the jungle, You are not allowed to go for trekking if you have any signs of infectious diseases ,Keep a distance from these apes when discovered ,please do not eat in the presence of these apes as you may tempt them to attack you for those eatables and always do not use flush cameras when photographing these apes.
Take a note that you are always allowed to stay in the presence of these apes only for one hour. If not Gorilla trekking you can do Gorilla habituation which costs $1500 USD per person and it always go for a full day.
After Gorilla trekking and habituation you can visit the Batwa people in their local communities and experience their way of living plus Culture. For Birders Bwindi impenetrable national Park is also a better destination for bird watching.
Mgahinga Gorilla National park is located in the Western part of Uganda near Bwindi bordering Rwanda and Congo. It is mostly known for shy endangered mountain Gorillas in the mist
In Mgahinga National park there is no Gorilla habituation, you can also do Batwa Cultural experience which cost $80 USD per person and it’s only done here.
Queen Elizabeth National Park also located in the western part of Uganda is commonly known for its Tree Climbing Lions in the Ishasha sector plus different bird species spotted while on game drive around the park and the fantastic boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel.
Murchison Falls National Park located in the North western part of Uganda is commonly known for the Boat Cruise on the waters of Murchison Falls, game drive around the park where you spot different wildlife primates.
When heading to Murchison you will have a stopover at the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for the Rhinoceros in Nakasongola and after that you proceed with the journey to Murchison.
Kibale Forest National Park located on Kampala- Fort portal high way near fort portal town is commonly known for Chimpanzee, Chimpanzee tracking & Habituation costs $150 USD & $220 USD per person respectively plus Bird watching in the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary.
If not Kibale you can Visit Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary for Chimpanzee feeding and this highland is located on Lake Victoria whereby you can reach there by use of a boat.
This destination is also located in the Eastern part of Africa and it’s among the must visit destinations in Africa.
It’s mostly known for its National parks and one of them is the great Maasai Mara which has a great and wide range of Wildlife Primates.
What to See in Kenya? Kenya is mostly full of Wildlife. All visitors go to Kenya in interest of Wildlife. While there, you can see animals like Elephants, Zebras, buffaloes, Giraffe, Lions, Cheetah plus the great migration of the wild beast.
These Wild beasts usually cross from Kenya to Tanzania and this migration occurs in the month of June up to September. They usually cross looking for more pasture to feed on.
This National Park has three top National Parks to visit for adventure with different tourist attractions. It is also commonly known for the shy endangered Mountain Gorillas.
Where to go in Rwanda? This destination has several places to go and some of them are listed below
Volcanoes National Park is one f the most popular National parks in Rwanda with different activities to participate in and it’s commonly known for the Mountain Gorillas because in Rwanda they are only found in this park.
While in Volcanoes National Park you can do activities like gorilla trekking safaris but you must buy a gorilla permit which costs $1500 USD per person and once money is paid its non refundable, there is also Golden Monkey tracking which costs $100 USD per person plus bird watching which involves sighting different bird species.
Nyungwe Forest National Park is also found in Rwanda but mostly for Chimpanzee tracking which costs $90 USD per person and it’s only done in this National Park where chimpanzees are found.
Democratic Republic of Congo
This is another interesting destination to visit in Africa with different National Parks, it’s known to be the biggest country in Africa with more National Parks to Visit but it has its most top two which are mostly visited plus the burning Volcano. DR Congo is bordering Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
Places to go in DRC Congo
This destination has wide range of National Parks but there is the most top two which are mostly visited and there are Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park.
These places visited mainly for both Mountain and Lowland Gorillas where by Mountain Gorillas are found in Virunga National Park and Lowland Gorillas are found in Kahuzi Biega National Park. The Gorilla Permit in DR Congo costs $400 USD per person.
What to see and Do in DR Congo
Congo has top two destinations to visit and mainly for gorilla trekking tours plus the Nyiragongo Volcano hiking up to its top and sight night view of its burning Lava.
Usually the Hiking activity goes for two days where by day one is for hiking up to the top of Volcano and spend a night there such that you can sight and take photos of the night view of the burning larva of this Volcano, there are some shelters at the top for accommodation and when hiking you always go with food for cooking while at the top.
Therefore day two is for sloping down the Volcano, it usually cost $300 USD per person, Mikeno package is $80 USD per person and includes wearing gears like Jackets plus food.
Hiking stick is $5 USD per person plus the porter used to carry your luggage like Mikeno Package up to the top cost $24 USD and all these are provided by the Virunga Management.
Tanzania is located in the Eastern part of Africa bordering Uganda in the North, Kenya in the North East, Rwanda, DR Congo and Burundi in the West, Malawi and Mozambique in the South. It is mostly wanted by the Tourists to Africa because of its wide scope of wildlife.
It has some great places to like the mostly wanted Serengeti National Park ,Tourists usually visit this destination for Wildlife as you can see wide range of Wildlife primates like Elephants, Zebras, Lions, Giraffe, Impala and more while on great game drives around the park.
Great migration of the Wild beasts is another interesting venture most of the tourists want and more interested to see. This migration usually occurs from June up to September for the search of more pasture to feed on.
This is another interesting destination to visit in Africa for holidays like honeymoon, its bordering Kenya in the North, surrounded by the Indian Ocean in the East, Comoros in the South and Tanzania in the West. It’s in the Eastern part of Africa.
Where to go in Zanzibar?
While in Zanzibar do not miss out spending a day in the Stone Town which is an incredible mash-up of winding alleys and old Arabic-style buildings, you can temporarily lose yourself in the town’s magic.
Soak up the local culture by sipping a cup of coffee from a local vendor or just keep on wandering through the streets, discovering unique little spots at every turn. Nungwi beach is place to visit and catch some sun while on the beach.
Botswana is located in the Southern part of Africa bordering Zambia in the North, Zimbabwe in the East, South Africa in the South and Namibia in the West.
Where to go in Botswana? There are several National Parks to Visit in Botswana like
- Makgadikgadi Salt Pans. The salt pans restrict anything from growing and during certain seasons appear to be completely devoid of anything living. Once the wet season arrives though, the lands become an entirely new place.
- Okavango Delta. This delta is fed by the Okavango River which flows in from the Angolan highlands. The Okavango is produced by seasonal flooding on the otherwise flat land. Due to the gentle slope of the delta, it takes around six months for the flood waters to make their way down from Angola.
- Chobe National Park. This park is located in the north-east of Botswana, is home to wide range of wildlife primates like Elephants, Zebras, Buffaloes and more.
- Kalahari Desert. This is a large semi-arid Savannah that’s both vast and beautiful. This desert covers much of Botswana, and stretches into Namibia and South Africa.
South Africa is a good place to visit for adventure and is located in the deeper southern part of Africa bordering Botswana in the North, Mozambique in the East, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean in the south and Namibia in the North West. While in South Africa there are several places to visit like
- Kruger National Park. This is known to be the largest National park in South Africa and South Africa’s main tourist attraction. It has wide range of wildlife primates which includes the Big five, Cheetah, Giraffe and more.
- Table Mountain. This is located within a national park, reaching the pinnacle of the Table Mountain is an thrilling experience that offers phenomenal, birds-eye views overlooking the city of Cape Town, Robben Island to the north, and the Atlantic seaboard to the west and south.
- Drakensberg Mountain. It is the highest mountain range in Southern Africa, rising to 3,482 meters (11,420 ft) in height. The name is derived from the Dutch and means “dragons mountain”.
- Durban Beaches. These are the most popular beaches in South Africa where travelers to South Africa go for holidays. Durban beaches are lively areas that are remarkably clean and safe, and many of the beaches offer varietal entertainments throughout the day.
Some of the other places to go are Knysna, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Cape Winelands, Blyde River Canyon, Hluhluwe – Umfolozi Game Reserve, Sun City Resort, Boulders Beach, Cango Caves, and Big Tree at Tsitsikamma, Addo Elephant National Park and more.
Egypt is a desert country to visit in Africa located in the Northern part of Africa surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea in the North, Red Sea in the East, Sudan in the South and Libya in the West.
It is mostly known for the great pyramids “Pyramids of Giza” which are the main tourist attraction to visit in Egypt.
Other places to visit in Egypt are Luxor’s Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings, Islamic Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Egyptian Museum, White Desert, Siwa Oasis, Alexandria, St. Catherine’s Monastery, South Sinai, Abydos Temple and more.
This destination is a good place to visit in Africa for Beach holidays and it’s located in the South Eastern part of Africa surrounded by the Indian Ocean but near Seychelles in the North, Mauritius in the East and Mozambique in the West. Some of the places to go in Madagascar are:-
- Ranomafana National Park. Its located in the southeastern region of Madagascar near the village of Ranomafana, the Ranomafana National Park is one of the nation’s most popular parks. It is home to the endangered golden bamboo lemur, an animal whose diet includes bamboo shoots that contain doses of cyanide that would be lethal to other animals, yet the charming golden lemur feeds on the bamboo with no ill effects.
- Masoala National Park. It is designated in the northeast Madagascar; the Masoala National Park covers nearly 250 miles of rain forest and includes three marine parks as well. This park features ten species of lemur, including the Aye-aye, the world’s largest nocturnal primate and it is also home to a diverse array of birds and reptiles, including the Tomato frog, named for its bright red color.
- Royal Hill of Ambohimanga. It is considered as the country’s most sacred spots by the Malagasy people for 500 years, the Royal Hill of Ambohimanga is a historical village that was once home to Madagascar royalty. The wall that surrounds the village was made in 1847 and was constructed with a mortar made of lime and egg whites.
- Avenue of the Baobabs. It is a group of trees lining the dirt road between Morondava and Belon’i Tsiribihina in western Madagascar. Its striking landscape draws tourists from around the world, making it one of the most visited locations in the region. The Baobab trees, up to 800 years old, did not originally tower in isolation over the landscape but stood in a dense tropical forest. Over the years, the forests were cleared for agriculture, leaving only the famous baobab trees.
- Isalo National Park. It is located in the central southern region of Madagascar, the park includes areas of grassland, steep canyons and sandstone formations, all dotted by occasional pools lined by palm trees and as in many of the country’s national parks, guides are required.